Friday, February 09, 2007

Tragic Synergy



In what can only be some kind of universal confluence of events, Anna Nicole Smith died "suddenly" due to what is likely a drug overdose, on the eve of the nationwide release of "Factory Girl". Both Anna and Edie were beautiful and fragile and surrounded by tragic events in their lives. I never watched Anna's reality show or the various media events where she wobbled through somehow. I only knew her through her Guess and Trimspa ads and Kathy Griffin's take on her appearance on "The New Hollywood Squares". I stumbled across "Edie; An American Biography" when I worked at my hometown library in high school and it's a pretty good read. Like Anna, once you looked beneath Edie's make-up and earrings, there was something kind of scary yet fascinating going on.
Share/Bookmark

No comments: