Thursday, August 10, 2006

Yo! Your baby's so fat...

Our neighbor has an 8 month old baby that is ENORMOUS. Our daughter had a lot of trouble with weight gain when she was about 2 months old and it's a little scary to see her photos back then. She had cheekbones like Kate Moss on a desert island. I tried to breast feed her, but when it came down to choosing between my pride and keeping her weight on, I had to switch to formula. She's chubby, but not on a National Enquirer scale.

What an interesting time to be alive. I can read an article about how worried everyone is about American children being 59% more likely to be obese than 20 years ago, right next to a ad for a charity to keep babies from starving to death in the rest of the world. If you are seriously pondering this irony of modern life, then I encourage you to read "Guns, Germs and Steel" by Jared Diamond.
Share/Bookmark

No comments: