Thursday, November 09, 2006

Renovation Time


Now that I've downloaded my umpteenth Web 2.0/blog/cms/wordpress created site, I'm finally ready to drink the Kool Aid and try making a go at using Wordpress to give my sites a thorough re-design. N. Design's beautiful home page was the final feather, nail, pick your analogy.

So far, I've gotten as far as some pen sketches on a few post-it notes, a ton of downloaded instructions from Word Press's link-happy site and a "standby page" with a little orange-jellybellied spider icon that I created in about 20 minutes last night (see above). Unfortunately, it will cost slightly more to host a php-enabled version of a couple of sites on Doteasy, but hopefully I'll make it up in increased income.

I've decided that until jennmearswebdesign.com has its own blog activated, I'll try to give updates here. For today, my mission is to determine if it's possible to use an animated GIF as my template's background. I have a series of design steps on the site, in the PROCESS link, that I would like to animate together in one illustration and place in the header of the new design.
Share/Bookmark

No comments: