Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Just when you think you're cool...

-along comes another developement to make you feel like a chimpazee trying to open a coconut. Now there's video blogging.
If anybody else is out there, please answer me this; do people actually watch the hours and hours of footage they seem to shoot? And on a related note, do people who upload their stuff to flickr.com actually look at their photos? I put up a photo album last night and then I got curious and did a search on Flickr for "black cat". Thousands of photos, thousands of out-of-focus shots of everyone's adorable black cats. I promise I will only put up 10 shots of Roy Jones Jr. Then I will only upload stuff that is actually interesting and technically acceptable.
Now I remember why I was always a technophobe in the first place. Once you start caring about the newest latest greatest, then before you know it, you are running around in circles, babbling words like "PDA" and "multi-tasking" and "I-Pod". I started out with a pager, after much resistance. (I couldn't stand the idea of having to scramble to find a phone every time the stupid thing buzzed out some digits.) Then, someone at my job gave me their Cellular One car phone, a trimline-sized thing that came with a heavy magnetized antenna that scratched up my car's roof. Once I was using it while parking my car on Boylston Street and some skate punk kids yelled "Yuppie!" when they saw me. Ahh sweet irony. I decided to turn it in and get an actual cell phone. The woman at the Cellular One office wanted to give my car phone to a museum, it looked so ancient to her. I had graduated to an actual flip up Nokia. Now I have a cell phone that's bright yellow, so I won't lose it, and held together with scotch tape. It plays "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" when it rings and I've even tried playing one of the games that came with it. But it doesn't shoot video, so I still feel like a chimp whacking a coconut with a rock when I use it.
Share/Bookmark

No comments: