Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Final Countdown!

Just a quick update at 36 1/2 weeks. 147 pounds and only 2 pairs of pants still fit. I've officially given up on wearing tights because they are living painfully up to their name. Gravity is no longer my friend. I took a stab at thinking about a "birthing plan" like all the books tell me to, but when I asked the doctor about standing while going through labor (I'd seen it on the Discovery Channel and it made sense to me), all he had to do was put the words "perinium" and "tearing" into the same sentence and I was fine with being flat on my back, hopefully with a strong epidural kicking in. Every mother I know has described what it was like when her water broke, everyone at my office freaks out when I lift more than a pencil and the estrogen/blood pressure changes make me look like I've been swimming in bong water. I've had to switch to wearing my glasses which, combined with the 30 extra pounds makes me feel like I have officially turned into my mother.
Not that I'm complaining...
Share/Bookmark

No comments: