Tuesday, April 18, 2006

One Week Down...

An extremely rare photo of Chloe crying. Her dad and I were kind of freaked out her first few days because she was easy to deal with. Too easy. The first night I tried sleeping with her in her bassinet next to me I kept poking at her to make sure she was breathing. She slept 6 hours straight that night. I asked the doctor if it was normal and he said that it would change soon enough and to enjoy it while I could. The only problem is that she's so easy going that she actually waited for me to offer to feed her and she slept through some feedings her first few days home. So for now, my only job is to bring her weight back up to 7 pounds 14 ounces which was her birth weight. Since I'm vegetarian, I have to pound down a lot of Ensure and cottage cheese. I feel like a boxing trainer who's trying to get their fighter to move up a weight class. Right now she's at Bantam weight, but hopefully in a couple of days she'll get up to Feather weight.
Share/Bookmark

No comments: